Videos on YouTube are viewed by website users all over the world, so if you are the creator of the materials, increase their reception range. By creating a YouTube video in Polish, you can reach a group of people who speak our native language. What about a wider audience? Supposedly, YouTube subtitles can be turned on automatically using the YouTube video options.
Yes. Such, automatically adjusted and generated subtitles, however, do not present the quality corresponding to the idea of your movie. They lack the context and the perfect match of the display time to the text length. If you want to make sure that subtitles for your YouTube video are displayed correctly, do it yourself. It's nothing hard.
YouTube captions - 2 foolproof ways to create them
To add subtitles to a YouTube video, there are two ways that your video will gain even more views. Subtitles created and added under these options will be perfectly suited to the type and length of the video and will accurately reflect the context of your message. It is worth taking a moment to prepare them in order to offer viewers a complete, professionally prepared material. It does not require detailed knowledge of creating and editing movies from you, offering intuitive panel operation and ease of matching the text to the movie scene.
1. Add subtitles to the YouTube video in the panel
- Go to your YouTube account.
- You must select the option "YouTube Studio", After which you will see a list of your publications in the center of the screen and a list of options and settings that may be helpful in editing YouTube videos.
- The list you are currently interested in is located on the left side of the screen.
- From the available options, select by clicking the "Transcriptions
- Make a choice of automatic language selection for movies and confirm your choice.
- Go to the list on the left side of the screen where you find "Other features"Where you choose the option"Translations and transcriptions".
- You can now manage your subtitles.
- Add new subtitles on YouTube by selecting the language option and the method of sending the subtitles. At this point, pay attention to the subtitles created directly on the website.
- Add captions and adjust their display on the timeline displayed to make your work easier.
2. Adding subtitles to a YouTube video from an external application
If you want to add subtitles to your videos using the subtitle option in an external application, start by running it and making the necessary file in a YouTube-readable format.
- In order to add subtitles from an external file, follow the same procedure as in the above instruction until you select the option of how to send subtitles to the movie.
- At this point, you have to choose to upload the file from another application.
YouTube Studio is an easy-to-use, intuitive tool that allows you to create your own works in front of a wider audience. Test, have fun, develop thanks to the possibility of self-configuration of videos posted on YouTube.