When we make major changes to Windows settings, however, find that they are not completely hit or cause system instability, we would definitely like to restore the computer to its previous settings. You will need to "System Restore" for this. How to restore the system? Please read the article below for an answer to this question.
Windows 7 System Restore
When it becomes necessary to restore Windows 7 to a previous state, there are several steps you need to follow. Before we start the advanced steps, however, it's a good idea to back up your most important files and folders in advance. If we have already done so:
- click the "Start" icon in the lower left corner.
- Then we go to the following options: "All Programs", "Accessories", "System Tools" and finally "System Restore".
- A special window should appear. When everything is going according to plan, at the beginning we select the option "Choose a different restore point".
- In the next step, we choose the date and time we are interested in from the list. Remember that system files will return to the same state as they were at the moment we chose.
- We choose the "Finish" option, and then "Yes".
After a while, the computer should restart, and at the end we will be informed about the properly conducted process with an appropriate message.
Windows 8 System Restore
- we hold down the key combinations "Shift" + "F8", thanks to which it will show us a window with the recovery mode.
- Then select "Advanced Repair Options", then "Troubleshooting" and then "System Restore" and then move on to the next step.
However, if the operating system starts correctly, then after loading, we can take the following actions:
"Control Panel", "Recovery" and "Open System Restore", or use the option to run the command using the combination of "Win" + "R" and typing "rstrui.exe".
- When the system restore window appears, click "Next", select the appropriate restore point and press "Next" and "Finish".
- At the end, we will be asked to confirm, so click "Yes".
Windows 10 System Restore
Wondering how to factory reset your Windows 10 laptop? We will try to answer this question.
- We start by typing "Create a Restore Point" in the search box and pressing this option. A window should open for us.
- In the "System protection" tab, select the "System Restore" option. When we see a new window, press "Next".
- Now we should select the point that interests us, and then click "Next".
- If we are ready and we are aware of what will happen after the system restore, we select "Finish", which means that we confirm the operation.
After a short wait, the computer should restart and, importantly, it will be brought back to the point we were interested in.