There are many reasons why you might want to delete an account on social platform. For some, it will be the discontinuation of the use of a given application, and for others, the simple desire to remove their data from the site. Regardless of the reason, you need to act and take steps to get rid of your account.
Twitter - how to delete an account?
The operation of removing an account from personal computers is not the most difficult, it only requires spending a moment and applying the following steps:
- We go on a web browser installed on your computer and log in to your Twitter account.
- When we manage to log in correctly, in the upper right corner, click the toolbar icon and after expanding it, select the option "Settings and privacy".
- We go to the tab "account"which should be at the top.
- Then click on the option "Deactivate the account". This tab is at the very bottom.
- Immediately after the previous operation, Twitter will display the deactivation panel and inform us about the confirmation of this process and the fact that the deactivation process will be interrupted if we log into our account within the next 30 days.
- Just click on the option "Deactivate" and our account has been correctly removed from Twitter, after entering the correct password with which we logged in to the application.
However, it should be remembered that in order for this process to run correctly it is not allowed to log in to the account within 30 days,because the application will treat it as an attempt to restore the account and the whole process will have to be repeated from the beginning.
How do I delete a Twitter account over the phone?
The case with mobile devices is a bit different due to the fact that we probably have Twitter on them in the form of an application installed on the phone. And the matter may be complicated by the fact that with older models the system could update up to a certain point, and then our smartphone ceased to be supported, and thus the application could not update properly.
Here are the steps on how to delete an account from Twitter on a mobile device:
- If we have a slightly older phone, the application may display a notification that it is on this system is no longer supported or cannot update due to the older version of the discussed system. Why is this a problem? Because Twitter in older versions did not have the option to delete the account on phones. In this case, we can try to delete the account from the installed browser on our device. The steps are the same as when removing from your computer. However, it should be added that this may not be a convenient way due to the poor performance of the application in the browser. Therefore, it is recommended that you perform this action on your computer.
- If Twitter has the option to delete the account on our smartphone, the procedure is the same as on personal computers, because the application uses the same options.
It also does not matter what operating system we have on the phone in either case AndroidAnd IOS all steps are the same.