How to turn up the microphone in Windows 10?
Voice communication is an excellent solution made possible by the Internet. While communication through the computer itself can be a lot of fun, configuring the settings is often quite problematic. There are times when the other side does not hear us as we would like to.
How do I set the microphone volume in the Settings app? What does the microphone mute on the control panel look like? How to use Equalizer APO? The answers to these questions can be found in the article below, which we cordially invite all interested readers to read.
How do I set the microphone volume in the Settings app?
You wonder how to increase the volume of the microphone in Windows 10? It is worth taking advantage of the possibilities of this operating system - there is no need to install additional software.
- At the beginning, right-click on the speaker icon in the lower right corner (it is responsible mainly for increasing and decreasing the volume).
- Select "Sounds" from the drop-down list.
- After a while, a new window will appear. Then we should go to the "Recording" tab, and then look for our microphone.
- Sometimes it may happen that we have more than one device - let's choose the one we use every day.
- How to increase the microphone volume? Double-click on a given microphone and go to the "Levels" tab.
- Depending on the sound card we are dealing with, we can usually use two sliders - the first is the overall volume of the sound, the second is used to amplify it.
What does the microphone mute on the control panel look like?
You don't know how to increase the microphone sensitivity Windows 10? Sometimes the speaker in the lower right corner will hide somewhere and we can't find it. Then we can use the control panel.
- When we find it, click on "Hardware and Sound" and then select "Sound".
- Now we go to the recording tab and double click on our microphone.
- The currently active one can be recognized by the fact that when pronouncing any words, a green indicator will appear in front of our eyes.
- We go to the "Levels" tab and use the slider to set the optimal volume.
How to use Equalizer APO?
If the basic settings are not enough for us, consequently Windows 10 microphone setup fails, then we can use more advanced programs.
One of them is Equalizer APO. At some point after the installation, the configurator window will appear - go to the tab called "Capture devices" and select your microphone there. In the main part of the program, click the plus icon and select "Basic filters" and "Preamp". Now we can move the "Gain" knob - through it it is possible to adjust the gain level. At the beginning, let's set lower values and check if the quality of the conversation has improved.