Internet sharing using your mobile phone can be useful in situations where you don't have access to an external Wi-Fi network or mobile data. With the help of a feature known as "personal hotspot" you will be able to gain access to the Internet provided by another mobile phone or make it available to a third party. Enabling Internet sharing varies by brand of mobile phone - and it is no different for IOS devices. If you have a problem with sharing the Internet on your Apple phone, you've come to the right place - we'll provide you with all the information you need.
Personal Hotspot - How do I set it up?
To activate the "personal hotspot" function, each Iphone owner will have to follow the steps below:
- Go to "Settings" and then "Cellular". In this subcategory you will have to find the "Personal Hotspot" option and make sure it is turned on / active
- Drag the slider next to "Allow Others" so that it is active. In case you cannot move the slider, you will have to check if the tethering function of your phone is working properly
- Now other users will be able to search for and connect to your Iphone. It will be displayed as a separate Wi-Fi network - just like in the case of a home router
Active personal hotspot - that's what you need to pay attention to
You must be aware that the personal hotspot (similar to e.g. bluetooth function) it consumes a large part of the resources of each device on which it is active. Therefore, try, if possible, to connect your iPhone to the electric charger - it will prevent the device from discharging quickly.
Also, make sure you have cellular data turned on - only in this way will you be able to share the Internet. You won't be able to forward your network if your device is connected to another Wi-Fi network.
Also check: How to check WiFi password on Android phone
Take care of the security of your Wi-Fi network
By using the "personal hotspot" function, you will be able to share the Internet with anyone who has access to a device with a wireless network module (regardless of whether it will be IOS, Android or Windows). Therefore, it will be worth ensuring the appropriate level of security for your network - the easiest way is to do it with a password
How do I set a password for a Wi-Fi network from a hotspot?
It is best to protect your mobile hotspot with a password before you activate the hotspot function. To do this, you need to:
- Enter the "Settings" section
- Activate the appropriate subcategories: "Mobile network" -> "Personal Hotspot" -> "Wi-Fi password"
At this point, on the screen of your smartphone you should see the option to set a password for the network shared via the personal hotspot. Be sure to remember the rules for setting a secure password!
Internet sharing via Bluetooth or via USB
Your Iphone can share the Internet not only as a separate Wi-Fi network, but also via Bluetooth function or USB cable connection.
Internet sharing via Bluetooth
On the iPhone, it is possible to share the Internet using the Bluetooth function. Also for this you will have to perform a few simple steps:
- Go to the "Settings" of the main Iphone
- Go through "Mobile network" -> "Personal Hotspot" -> "Bluetooth" (at this point you should make sure that the Bluetooth function on your phone is active)
- Now you only need to pair the devices with each other using the Bluetooth option (the process is different for different devices)
Internet sharing via USB cable
If your desktop computer does not have a wireless network module, then you may find this useful wired Internet sharing function - using a USB cable. In this case, the whole process is a bit more elaborate:
- You must download and install the iTunes application on the device you want to connect to the hotspot
- Directly connect two devices with each other with a USB cable
- Run on an external device (possibly a desktop computer) the downloaded ITunes applicationand then search for the name of your iPhone
At this point, the network connection between the devices should be established by itself. However, if this did not happen, be sure to check the network card settings on your computer. Your mobile operator may also be useful - if you have any doubts, please contact them!
Create a hotspot access point - you already know everything!
So how do you see connecting the Iphone to the external mobile hotspot network is nothing complicated. You also already know how you yourself can share the network with others.
You can not only connect two devices with each other thanks to the Wi Fi and Bluetooth functions, but also via a USB cable. If you are still unable to access the network, you should check the internet signal from your cellular data.