Google Maps is currently one of the applications that users use the most. It is primarily a practical and handy solution for travelers - not having to carry a paper map with you is a great help. No wonder that it is used not only by tourists looking for the simplest possible routes to interesting sights, but also by drivers, replacing standard GPS navigations with it. The Google Maps application is becoming even more popular day by day, and the number of people using it is growing very quickly.
Already in 2010, the mobile Google Maps service for the phone exceeded 100 million downloads! The creators are trying to diversify the possibilities available in the use of the application, which will make it easier for customers to use it at every step. However, few people know that it is possible to save the routes that have been used for the future. How can this be done? Below we present a step-by-step instruction, thanks to which all your maps will be collected in one place, and you will be able to use them even abroad - because you will not need the Internet.
In order to save a given route that you care about, just a few simple steps are enough:
- After opening the Google Maps application on your Android phone or tablet, open the main menu, marked with three horizontal lines in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Find on the list "Offline maps"- have a crossed out cloud icon.
- After selecting the above option, on the screen you will see the words "Choose your own map" - this is exactly the option you have to choose.
- Then select the map of the area you are interested in, the size of which can be adjusted by moving the window on the screen.
- Now you just need to download the map of your choice and you can enjoy trouble-free navigation and not worry about the lack of internet connection.
ATTENTION! It is also worth paying attention to updating the downloaded maps from time to time - you can do this at any time when you have access to the Internet.
You can update the route by selecting the map previously saved by you and selecting the option “Update“That will appear on the map if you need to update your route.
In the settings, you can select the option of updating offline maps automatically - the application will only update the recently used maps, and you will not have to remember to do it.
You can give each map you have saved a specific name by clicking on the three dots on the right side next to each route. Thanks to this, you can easily distinguish all areas without having to open each of them in turn. You can also delete a map you no longer need at any time. Simple - and how helpful, right?
Did you manage to save the routes you are interested in? We hope that the above guide has perfectly illustrated how you can do it, so that you will enjoy using the most important and necessary maps for a long time, whenever you need them.