Facebook has been with us for quite a long time and most often we only use one account, which we created many years ago using e-mail addressthat may be out of date or very rarely used for some time. It is also possible that we have discovered a completely different e-mail that better meets our needs, or that we want to build a more professional image and the e-mail address should reflect this.
In such situations, it would be good change the email address also on Facebook, especially since it is also our login to this portal, in order to avoid embarrassment related to the old, youthful address, or simply to operate one for the sake of convenience.
What to do in that case? Facebook has so many different options that handling its settings is not always intuitive. So here's a guide to help.
To change the email address on your Facebook account:
- Find the icon of an isosceles triangle pointing downward in the upper-right corner of the page, and then click this option.
- A list from which you should select an option will then unfold Settings.
- Then the settings page will open, then you should click on the bar with the title of the word Contact and contains the current e-mail address.
- After clicking, the tab will expand and then you should select an option Add another email address / phone number.
- Then a window will appear where there will be a place to enter a new e-mail address, enter our new e-mail address there and select the option Add.
- Then we will be informed that an e-mail will be sent to the address provided to check if it is correct and belongs to us.
- Therefore, we open the e-mail box and confirm that we have made this change, then return to the Facebook page, select the option Confirm
- Then a confirmation window will appear with the confirmation of the successful adding of the address, we can safely close it by returning to the expanded tab, where we can select our main e-mail address.
- We set our new address as the main one by clicking on the circle on its left side.
- Then we can delete our second, redundant email address by clicking on the option Remove on its right.
- Finally, we choose the option save Changes.
- Then a window will appear in which, for confirmation and for security reasons, we must enter our password to the Facebook account and then select the option Submit.
In this simple way we can change the email address on ours Facebook account.
But what if we want to hide our email from people with whom we do not want to share this information?
Of course, we have such an option, it is one of the privacy settings on Facebook. For example, there is an option to display your email address in your profile, but set it to the Friends privacy setting so that it is only available on your profile page and elsewhere on Facebook for your friends.
How do I change the privacy settings of my Facebook email address?
- We start by entering our profile by clicking on our name and surname in the upper left corner of the page.
- Then select an option Information at the top of the profile.
- A page with settings will then open, where you should select an option in the menu on the left Contact details and basic information.
- Then we move to the bar with our e-mail address and choose the option which will appear to the right of the address.
- Then click on the recipient selection icon next to the e-mail address to change the group of recipients and choose the setting that suits us. Right next to it, we also have a circle icon, after clicking which we can choose whether we want our email address to be displayed on the timeline.
- When we choose the appropriate options, click save Changes.
This way we can hide our email address on Facebook.